Child Protection is central to the work of St Anne’s Catholic School since “every person imbued with God’s love deserves justice, respect and equal opportunities” (Mission Statement) and every pupil can therefore expect a high standard of care for their well-being.
We acknowledge the importance of the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda in ensuring the safety and well-being of every pupil.
Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school. There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
If you have any concerns regarding the safety and wellbeing of our children, please contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Mr Julian Waterfield on 02380 328200.